Roger Williams Park Botanical Center Presents
Just In Time Art Sale!
Locally Made Gifts for the last minute shopper!
Sunday, December 19, 2021 | 10:00am-6:00pm
We are seeking local artisans to sell their wares to last-minute shoppers inside our lush greenhouses for the Just In Time Art Sale on Sunday, December 19, 2021 from 10:00am-6:00pm. Categories include: jewelry, sculpture, glass, paintings, photography, and ceramics. Other categories may also be considered. To keep a healthy balance of all mediums exhibited, categories will remain open until considered full, so apply soon! All CDC guidelines will be followed on the day of the event. Masks must be worn. Timed admission tickets will be sold in advance online to ensure we don’t have too many shoppers in the greenhouses at any given time.
On the day of the event, RWPBC will be decked out with a beautiful holiday display for all to enjoy. Vendors will be given two business admission stickers. Standard admission fees apply to all other attendees:
General Admission (13-64) – $5
Child (6-12), Seniors (65+), & Military (w/ ID) – $2
Child (under 6) – FREE
RWPBC Members – 15% discount
Sales Tax Permit
All applicants must have a Rhode Island Sales Tax Permit to vend at this event. No temporary sales tax permits will be available. *RI Sales Tax is 7% and must be charged on food, soap, candles, and lotions. Please e-mail a copy of your Sales Tax Permit to email@example.com after completing the application to be considered as a vendor.
- If you need a NEW RI Retail Sales Permit head to this site: https://www.ri.gov/taxation/BAR/
- If you need a to renew an existing RI Retail Sales Permit head to this site: https://www.ri.gov/taxation/business/
RWPBC will advertise the event through our mailing list, on multiple internet sources, social media accounts and print advertising. All artisans accepted into the show must agree to use their social media to assist with advertising. A Facebook event will be created, and artisans are encouraged to invite followers and share the event often. Please use #RWPBC when promoting the event.
Each vendor will be provided with a space large enough for a 6’-8’ table or display with a chair to the side (not behind).
- Vendors must provide their own table/display.
- RWPBC will provide chairs for each vendor.
Vendors must unload their inventory/display and move their car to the designated parking lot by 9:30am. At 10:00am we will be open to the public.
More detailed load in/out information will be sent in the days leading up to the show.
- The vendor fee is a $100 donation to RWPBC for future educational programming.
- Donation of an item valued at $25+ for our silent auction which will benefit future educational programming.
- Donation of a small item valued at no more than $10 that will be used for random door prizes that will be given out sporadically thought out the day to get shoppers excited!
After the jury process, accepted vendors will be invoiced. Invoices must be paid in full within one week of acceptance to hold your booth space. We would prefer that you do not mail checks, if you must, please notify us so we are aware. If a check gets lost in the mail your spot might be offered to the next vendor in your category.
Vendor fee can be paid:
- In-person by cash, charge, or check. at the RWPBC Ticket Booth, Tuesday-Sunday 10 am-3:30 pm.
- Over the phone by credit card at the RWPBC Ticket Booth (401-680-7263), Tuesday-Sunday 10 am-3:30 pm. *Ticket booth staff may need to return your call if assisting guests when you call. *If necessary, contact us to set up an evening call to submit payment.
- By mailing a check, payable to City of Providence, to:
Roger Williams Park Botanical Center
Attn: Cat Riker
1000 Elmwood Ave
Providence RI 02905
Donations for silent auction and door prize can be brought to RWPBC ahead of time to be used for event promotion, or collected by our staff/volunteers on the day of the event. If choosing to wait until the day of the event please email us a photo/description of the items at firstname.lastname@example.org!